Friday, August 29, 2008

Top Five

Dear Girls,





This is one of the prettiest pictures I've seen in a long time. And I don't think I need to caption this picture to tell you where I was last night.

Yup. Cinemalaya.

(Of course, I needn't tell you guys anyway because you were there with me. Hahaha!)

So, going back. Cinemalaya. Well, the Cinemalaya Opening to be exact. To be perfectly honest, I did not expect what transpired when we finally got there. I did not expect it to be so much fun. I'd gladly do it over again just to feel the thrill and experience the awe I felt, entering the venue.

Another confession. I dislike Filipino cinema. I don't watch Filipino films if I don't have to, and I'm dead sure that if this Cinemalaya wasn't required for class, I would not have attended of my own accord. However, like I've been saying, this experience was just so different. It totally dashed my previous notions and drew a distinction between the class of Filipino mainstream and Filipino independent cinema. And when I say different, I mean fantabulously amazing.

So since we were together during the ride there, I needn't describe that. Haha. To make things a bit more interesting, I'll make a countdown of the Top 5 fun/interesting/memorable/wacky things we did, saw or experienced during the opening.

#1. POSING LIKE A MOVIE STAR- We couldn't exactly party like a rock star in uniforms, so we did the next best thing! Camwhoring by the movie posters outside CCP was so much fun. It was a good thing there weren't many people when we arrived, or else people would have been staring at us as we went gaga over the movie posters and the beautiful backdrop of CCP.

Then again, scratch that. We should give them something to stare at! Haha!

#2. THE ATMOSPHERE- I couldn't possibly miss this. Street food, street lights and the presentation of a weird urban reality that cool Friday afternoon was a surreal experience. Bodies painted blue, bearded ladies and rides that were probably borrowed from the amusement park next door were all over the place. And the food! Oh, the food! Let my satisfaction speak for itself! I wasn't sure if you guys liked the street food. As for me, I'm craving for another round of dirty ice cream. :D

#3. STAR-STUDDED CARPET- We didn't exactly have a red carpet, but there were PLENTY of stars that night, remember? Boy Abunda was there. So was Rosanna Roces. And I do recall some Kulasas going crazy over Kuya Bogs (sans the long hair). He really is a hottie. Haha! Not my type, though. Musicians only for me.

#4. ADELA- On second thought, this should be number 1. It's not that I haven't had a taste of indie films before, it's just that this simple yet powerful movie managed to move me to near-tears in my seat. I'd like not to elaborate on this, because I'm sure we had such different experiences while watching it. However, take a minute or two after reading this post to remember her story and it's significance in our lives. :)

#5. And the funnest thing about Cinemalaya? BONDING WITH YOU GUYS. (Cue Awwww!) Whether it was my perfect, Blairbanded hair or going crazy in the restrooms, this magical night was made more magical by the people I was with. As Joe Jonas would say, it was a B-L-A-S-T!!

So there! My Cinemalaya experience in a nutshell. Pictures have been stolen from your multiplys. :) Haha!

I can't wait to watch the other films. I've already printed out the sched. Which do we watch first? Text me!

xoxo
Jas (gossip girl)

P.S. My hair was still AWESOME no matter what.
P.P.S. I'm totally getting a gold Blairband.

0 comments: